Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Reflection and Family



March 07, 2018
Wed.


Reflection and Family

As I attempted to juggle a test connection with Egypt, meet with Skypers, and answer texts from another campus I felt myself beginning to stress. I was in the hall trying to test my connection, kids where loud, I was trying to say "Shhhh" them which confused my Egyptian guest because I was also testing a call with them. 

I broke my own rule... "Kids watch your body language and hand gestures... the speakers can see it. You don't want to come across rude or bored."

Poor Egypt they thought I was "shhing" them. Then, I had to show them the hallway to explain how I was telling the kids to talk quietly so I could hear them. They laughed and I felt relieved. Nothing could be worse than my guests thinking I am "shhing" them.

Tomorrow will come shortly and the wild ride will begin.

Has the ride been easy? Honestly, not always. Testing calls at 1:00, 2:00 and 4:00 am has caused some sleep deprivation. Is my phone filled with 15 alarms with every time zone in order to wake up and practice a call? YES!!

The bigger question: Is it worth it? 

YES!!! After talking to parents who kids are on the World Tour Team last night, I felt more compelled to give children experiences around the world!! To have them learn how to work as a group(collaborate), publicly speak (communication skills) and globally connect with other kids, professionals, and organizations is completely worth it!! It will be an amazing ride.  

We may not be perfect and we might have some hiccups but the one thing we will always have is each other!! Our family is made up of 23 kids, 7 teachers, and a whole group of amazing DeLay staff members and administrators (Baker, True, Dack and Smiley). Who could ask for more? Let the Journey BEGIN!!!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revolvermap: Delay World Tour

Search This Blog