Friday, March 9, 2018

We did it!!- M. Garza



As each hour passed, I could see my students trying to hang on for dear life. Their eyes became smaller and smaller and some fell into a deep sleep. However, our den mothers and their families filled in for those who needed sleep and took additional calls. At 7:15 am they all had to wake again to try and finish the day strong.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine working with a more amazing group of kids and teachers. 

My Skype Family-- Thank you!! Thank you for deciding to fill out the application!! Thank you for wanting to try something new!! Thank you for being you!! You all are the first group of DeLay kids to ever participate in the 24 Hour World Journey. As the first, you taught me so much!! 

I hope you all know how special you are!! I watched you go from whispering to talking so loud and being so funny!! Your willingness to try something new paid off. Your growth in one evening was astronomical!! You should all be proud. Thank you for finishing strong!! I know by the end all you wanted to do was sleep. Believe me, so did I but you finished the race!! You finished strong!!

In life, we need to remember to finish strong even when every fiber in our body says to stop or to quit!! You did, and I am eternally grateful and proud of you.


Den Mom's (Castillo, Selz, Shaw, Williamson and Burke)-- you learned to tweet and blogging all in one night and helped the kids learn these skills. Thank you for agreeing to help me. Thank you for being the nicest people even when you wanted to do nothing more than pass out. Thank you for going on this wild ride. Thank you for helping me give our kids hope that they can see and travel the world as well as do great things!! Thank you for helping me show our kids the world in one day. I don't have the words to show my gratitude but I truly am grateful!!

Castillo thank you for partnering up with me during my advisory, your selfie skills are impeccable!! and so is your positivity. I appreciate you letting me randomly bounce ideas off you and helping me when I double booked myself to confirm all 28 calls.

Angela and Jayne, thank you!! Thank you for the endless meetings, for keeping me on track, and organized. Thank you, for answering my every annoying email and helping me stay sane.

We did it!! We survived, we grew, we learned, we were annoyed, we were tired but we did it!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Revolvermap: Delay World Tour

Search This Blog